New AFP Ad Airs in North Carolina: My Daughter
Americans for Prosperity, the nation’s largest free-market grassroots organization, has released in North Carolina and multiple other states the third in a series of personal testimonials that raise important questions about the negative impact ObamaCare will have on healthcare choice. The new ad features Renay, the mom of a young girl, Caleigh, whose life has been saved by four open heart surgeries performed by physicians who have looked after her since she was born. Because the new health care law restricts the freedom of patients to keep their doctors, Renay worries that she and others will not have the same access to care in the future.
“The average North Carolinian feels very strongly about their freedom to choose their own personal doctor,” explained Chris Farr, State Director of Americans for Prosperity. ”For those citizens who have a serious illness affecting their loved ones, the freedom to choose a doctor becomes even more crucial. Obamacare threatens that freedom and people are not going to sit by and quietly accept this impact on their lives.”
Fact: ObamaCare will limit millions of Americans’ medical options, regardless of whether they currently have insurance or are enrolled in a government program.
- Many health insurers are planning to decrease the network of health care providers available to their customers because of the law’s cost-increasing effects, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
- The Congressional Budget Office estimates that 7 million Americans with employee-sponsored health insurance will lose their coverage by 2022 because of ObamaCare’s high costs, leaving them with less choice of health care providers.
- The medical journal Health Affairs states that one-third of doctors are expected to not accept new Medicaid patientsin states that choose to expand the program under the law.
- According to the Doctor Patient Medical Association Foundation, 83% of doctors are considering quitting the medical practice, largely because of government interventions like ObamaCare.
- The Wall Street Journal reports that many of the plans available on the new health care exchanges will includerelatively few choices of doctors and hospitals.
- 17% of doctors foresee closing their private practice in the next year because of financial strains on the medical industry, according to a report on CNN.
These and other facts about the negative impacts of the new health care law are documented atwww.ObamaCareRiskFactors.com.
“As ObamaCare enrollment approaches, evidence of how the law will negatively impact personal health care freedom and quality of care keeps piling up,” explained AFP President Tim Phillips. “Americans for Prosperity will continue to highlight facts about the law, share stories of real Americans like Renay, and ask the tough questions that the White House doesn’t want to hear.”
The first ad featured the story of Julie, whose son required a high level of medical attention that may not be available once the health care law is fully implemented. The second ad is narrated by Dr. Mary Ellen Gallagher, a physician who worries that the red tape required by Obamacare will undermine freedom to look after her patients’ personal needs.
Short URL: http://pundithouse.com/?p=14768
Recent Posts by Chris Farr